Some Blue Sky Ideas On Achieving Resiliency
- It's not just a cybersecurity problem- physical security, aging infrastructure, traditional IT security and Industrial Control Security [Operational Technology] have to be considered.
- The Government can’t do it for the industry.
- Who is responsible for resilience in your company- CIO, CISO, Chief Engineer, Chief OT Operations or the Chief Risk Officer?
- Establish a Resiliency Office in your company that pulls togetger all factors that make up resiliency.
- Establish an Industry Sponsored Oil & Gas Infrastructure Resiliency Center.
- Need cybersecurity and technological breakthroughs that enable us to systematically manage risks and not over react to latest attack.
- Greater need for resilient SCADA and PLCs to detect pipeline problems and automated oil and gas shut off system when leaks occur in aging pipelines.